Our client is a 5* Hotel located in Bangkok, Thailand. Hotel is part of a large worldwide chain.
Title of Position: Director of Human Resources
Benefits: The position offers a Local package with all the usual benefits
The Director is responsible for the leadership of Human Resources and Learning & Development in the hotel. He/she supports the hotel business plan by implementing company programs and Area action plans at the hotel level. His/her goal for Human Resources is to be a strategic business partner in achieving the ho- tel’s overall business objectives. He/she also provides commercial and relevant HR advice, coordination and best practice.
Attracting & Hiring
- Is responsible for recruiting in co-ordination with the relevant Head of Department.
- Engages and promotes hotel with local employment market while supporting the Area as requested.
- Sources, assesses, and recommends functional ExCom candidates (Sales, Revenue, Finance, HR, F&B) for sign-off by Area. Liaises with Area HR to source internal candidates.
- Ensures all new employees participate in the relevant Induction Program.
- Proposes performance targets to Area in line with Area targets.
- Proactively address any lack of progress with Area.
- Proposes annual SMART incentive targets for bonus-eligible members to the Area for sign-off.
- Calculates and submits year-end bonus-eligible CBIPs to Area for sign-off.
- Conducts regular performance reviews using the TMS process and technology for HODs and above.
Learning & Development
- Supervises (and implements where relevant), in coordination with hotel Training
- Manager, all internal training of the Heads of Department and supervisors.
- Assists in gap analysis of training programs by proposing training needs as per hotel requirements.
- Delivers hotel-specific and corporately recommended programs.
- Assesses and enrolls eligible candidates for corporate programs.
- Identifies and proposes high performers in unit for review by Area HR.
- Nominates candidates for corporate programs to Area.
- Creates and manages individual development plans for HODs and above as part of the performance re-view process.
- Identifies and discusses talent with potential within the hotel.
- Implements succession planning process to proactively fill hotel vacancies.
- Assesses all candidates for L&D programs in line with corporate guidelines.
- Conducts exit interviews with all resigning employees.
- Proactively evaluates and recommends changes regarding hotel structures, roles, and responsibilities to Area.
- Participates in change management by delivering key corporate and Area communication.
- Ensures proper job descriptions are available for all functions, and continuously adapts them in co-ordination with relevant supervisors to operational requirements.
- Manages employee files for hiring, transferring, promoting, resigning, and all other HR processes.
- Creates and maintains hotel HR manuals employee handbook, etc.
- Is familiar with regulations and guidelines issued by Area and corporate and ensures that these guidelines are applied accordingly, including the OSM.
- Responsible for adherence to legal regulations and work permits, especially in regards to expert ex-patriate employees.
- Mature Personality and strong experience as HR Director
- Bachelor degree or higher in Human Resources Management or other relevant degree
- Very good knowledge in Thai labour law
- Broad HR experience in hotel business with at least 5 years’ experience in managerial level
- Good command of English & Thai, both written and spoken
- Computer literate
- Professional character with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
You can apply online or send your application directly to email@example.com
Your application should include a detailed CV (with a recent photo), briefly outlining your past work experience and achievements.
Please also provide 3 referees (incl. email addresses).
Due to the anticipated volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To see other vacancies or confidentially register your interest for future opportunities go to applicant registration.
AZURE Recruitment is a leading Executive Search Firm serving the Hospitality industry exclusively. Join us on linkedinfor daily job postings.