Our client is a large 5* Hotel located in Bangkok, Thailand. Hotel is part of a large international chain.
Title of Position: EAM ic Food & Beverage
Package: 180,000 – 200,000Baht
Benefits: The position offers an Expat package with all the usual benefits
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Management of Financial Resources – Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Applied Business Knowledge – Understanding market dynamics, enterprise level objectives and important aspects of the company’s business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans.
- Aligning individual and team actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
- Management of Material Resources – Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN FOOD AND BEVERAGE GOALS
- Set expectations and holds food and beverage leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors
- Review financial reports and statements to determine how Food and Beverage is performing against budget
- Make recommendations for CAPEX funding of food and beverage equipment and renovations in accordance with brand business strategy.
- Work with food and beverage leadership team to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department’s financial performance.
- Establish challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
- Strive to improve service performance.
DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN BUDGETS
- Develop and manage Food and Beverage budget.
- Monitor the department’s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
- Ensure cash control and liquor control policies are in place in food & beverage areas and followed by all related employees.
- Focus on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
LEADING FOOD AND BEVERAGE TEAM
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourage and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Achieve and exceed goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Develop means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Identify opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Ensure that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas of food and beverage (e.g., pre-meal briefings, staff meetings, culinary team).
- Establish and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire food & beverage team.
- Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
- Develop a food and beverage operating strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Keep updates of market trends and introduces new food and beverage products to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
ENSURE EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Provide services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Review findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with F& B team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Review comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Empower employees to provide excellent guest service.
- Estimate cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
- Share plans to take corrective action based on comment cards and guest satisfaction results with property leadership.
MANAGE AND CONDUCT HUMAN RESOURCE ACTIVITIES
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Coach and supports food & beverage leadership team to effectively manage wages, food & beverage cost and controllable expenses (e.g., restaurant supplies, uniforms, etc.).
- Hire food & beverage leadership team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Min. 3-5 years in a similar role.
- Must have previous experience with large volume international hotels minimum 8-9 F&B outlets
- SE Asia experience is an advantage.
You can apply online or send your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include a detailed CV (with a recent photo), briefly outlining your past work experience and achievements. Please also provide 3 referees (incl. email addresses).
Due to the anticipated volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To see other vacancies or confidentially register your interest for future opportunities go to applicant registration.
AZURE Recruitment is a leading Executive Search Firm serving the Hospitality industry exclusively. Join us on linkedinfor daily job postings.